Department Of Pharmaceutics
- Vision : Striving for Excellence in Teaching, Training and Research.
- Mission : To move ahead with Commitment, Courage and Confidence.
Teaching along with extensive research at PG and PhD level is the prime focus of the department. The department has discussion rooms for lectures and departmental library equipped not only with text books but also with a number of research thesis, which helps the students to prepare for their projects.
Major focus areas:
The major areas of research work broadly include Novel drug delivery and conventional drug delivery which are as follows:
- Advanced drug delivery systems
- Nanoparticulate drug targeting approaches
- Per Oral delivery systems – Buccal, transdermal and topical drug delivery systems
- Novel multiparticulate delivery platforms
- Cell line studies for determining cytotoxicity and uptake of drugs and formulations
- Dissolution and diffusion testing of drugs and formulations
The department has well equipped pilot plant with advanced instruments in the research laboratories such as:
- Malvern particle size analyser- used to determine particle size of nanosystems
- Ultrasound probe sonicator: used in formulations of lipid and non-lipid based sub micro and nanosystems
- HPLC with auto sampler: used for qualitative and quantitative estimations of compounds, used for estimation of drug levels in biological fluids and tissues
- Tissue culture lab equipped with CO2 incubator: used for studying cytotoxicity and uptake of drugs in various cell lines
- ELISA reader, inverted microscope and Laminar air flow: used for MTT assays, uptake and histological analysis
- Extruder and Spherodizer: used for preparation of pellets and multiparticulate delivery platforms
- RIMEK tablet punching machine with sense force: used for optimising tablet punching with the various compressional readouts
- The department has experienced and highly qualified faculty who are actively collaborating with National and International Universities, Institutes and Pharmaceutical Companies. The department has received funds from various government and private organizations such as UGC, ICMR, DST, AICTE, RGUHS and Indena (Italy). The department works towards improving the skills of PG students by involving them in training and taking up projects from reputed private Pharmaceutical Companies. Students are exposed to workshops and guest lectures delivered by eminent personalities during their course