Industrial Orientation Program
July 18, 2017 | Tuesday
Placement cell of Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy organised a 5 days Industrial Orientation Program for the outgoing M Pharm and B Pharm students at the campus from 18th to 22nd August 2017. The program was conducted in association with Pharma Training Institute.
The program was aiming to bring the insights of pharmaceutical industries to the students and to make them aware about the functioning of various departments of pharmaceutical industries. Various eminent personalities from various esteemed organizations such as Astra Zeneca, Clintec India, Apotex, Stabicon life Sciences and Anglo French Drugs and Industries, were invited to enlighten students with insights of industry’s functioning. Students were also benefited by acquiring skills for facing interviews and soft skills development. Major areas which were covered during the program are:
- Production of API & Formulations
- QA, QC, R&D, RA, IPR
- End to End supply Chain
- Engineering & Projects
- Clinical Trials
- Accounts & IT Support
- HR, Soft Skills & Good Industrial Practices
- Marketing & Sales
World Suicide Prevention Day 2017
September 11, 2017 | Monday
The students of the college conducted a Mental Health Awareness campaign in the campus on 11th September 2017. The aim of the event was to increase mental health awareness and suicide prevention. A group of ten students will execute the event.
The event received a good response by the students and faculty, of not only Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy but also from Management, Science, Commerce and Arts Colleges which are housed in the same campus.
The following events were conducted as a part of the campaign:
- Pre-Test: A simple questionnaire to evaluate the participant’s current knowledge of mental illness was circulated.
- Yoga Session: A brief yoga session was conducted to explain the important benefits of yoga and exercise and drive home the point that there's 'A sound Mind in a Sound Body'. The physiological changes brought about by exercising and its positive effects on productivity were explained.
- Oral Question & Answer session: The session brought out the 'Myths & Facts' about Mental illness.
- Slogan Writing Competition: The participants were asked to write Motivating slogans to encourage people to appreciate the 'Beauty of Life' and drive home the point 'Don't Worry- Be happy’. The best slogan writers were awarded prizes.
- Group Extempore (Brain Storm): A group activity was conducted which involved five teams each consisting of five members. Each team was given a topic related to mental illness and were asked to discuss about the important role of a companion in tackling mental illness. The team was given five minutes to prepare and one minute to speak and the best was awarded the prize.
- Street Play: A simple street-play depicting a regular life of a student who wants to commit suicide after a stressful incident but is saved at the nick of the moment and counselled to realize that ‘Winners do not quit’ was enacted in the campus.
- Post Test: To evaluate the participant’s perception on mental illness and a person’s role and responsibility in a society and ways to manage stress affected people was conducted after the event.
- Feedback: A questionnaire was circulated amongst the audience to get their feedback regarding the mental health awareness programme.
- Educative Aid: Pamphlets will be provided to all the Department of Al Ameen College which will provide insight of various definitions and future resources to refer to understand and seek help whenever necessary.